At Neighborhood Parcel, we understand the importance of having your international ocean cargo shipment, container or packages delivered safely and on time. With over 10 years of industry experience, it’s clear that we know exactly what we’re doing. International shipping is what we do best – and we simply won’t let you down. If you’re looking for a no nonsense international ocean freight shipping and moving company look no further, because here at Neighborhood Parcel we will cater for your every need while saving you time and money.
We’re specialists in international ocean freight (full and less than container load, FCL/LCL), as well a whole array of other freight logistics areas, from shipping automobiles to over-sized ocean and Air cargo. We do it all ! Whether you’re thinking of shipping one box, or 1,000 containers. We treat every customer with the utmost respect and urgency, in an effort to provide a premium level of service to those who we work with.
Ocean Containers Specification
Besides commonly used 20′STD, 40′STD and 40′HC ocean freight containers, there are numerous of other types of sea containers including 45′ High Cube, Open Tops and Flat Racks sizes of 20′ and 40′ etc. However, as a rule these types of sea freight containers are subject to equipment availability from Steam Ship Lines (or direct carriers or International Transportation Companies). In certain circumstances it can be limited. Then, if you ship a regular cargo by sea, we suggest planning your sea freight shipment by using one of these three types of Ocean freight containers below.
20′ Standard Sea Freight Container
- Interior Dimensions (L x W x H): 5.919 m x 2.340 m x 2.380 m (19′-5” x 7′-8” x 7′-9′ 1/2”)
- Door Opening (W x H): 2.286 m x 2.278 m (7′-6″ x 7′-5 1/2″)
- Tare Weight: 1,900 kg (4,189 lbs)
- Cubic Capacity: 33.0 cbm (1,165 cubic ft)
- Payload* :22,100 kg (48,721 lbs)
40′ Standard Sea Freight Container
- Interior Dimensions (L x W x H): 12.051 m x 2.340 m x 2.380 m (39′-6 1/2”x 7′-8” x 7′-9 1/2”)
- Door Opening (W x H): 2.286 m x 2.278 m (7′-6″ x 7’-5 1/2″)
- Tare Weight: 3,084 kg (6,799 lbs)
- Cubic Capacity: 67.3 cbm (2,377 cubic ft)
- Payload*: 27,397 kg (60,401 lbs)
40′ High Cube Ocean Freight Container
- Interior Dimensions (L x W x H): 12.056 m x 2.347 m x 2.684 m (39′-6 1/2” x 7′-8 1/4”x 8′-9 1/2”
- Door Opening (W x H): 2.340 m x 2.585 m (7′-8″ x 8′-5 3/4″)
- Tare Weight: 2,900 kg (6,393 lbs)
- Cubic Capacity: 76.0 cbm (2,684 cubic ft)
- Payload*: 29,600 kg (65,256 lbs)
FCL is an abbreviation for “Full Container Load” for Import and Export cargo to and from the USA. This term is commonly used to describe a Ocean freight service that is designed for ocean freight shipments of cargo where shipper has exclusive use of sea freight container. Usually the containers are loaded by propositional international movers and sealed at the shipper’s facility. Then it transported by ocean, rail and/or truck directly to the point of final destination.